The Benin City Film Festival was launched in 2018, it is a new entity that offers a platform encouraging and promoting the works of local film community and National, International emerging filmmakers to showcase their work in an environment where they have access to experienced industry professionals, We provide workshops. Training programmes and screen Independent films from new emerging film makers nationally and internationally throughout the festival every year. At least 25% of our festival schedule is dedicated to foreign films, which broadens the film culture experience to all who attend the screenings in Benin City during the festivals duration, BCFF Guests will have opportunity to see tourist destinations in the City and Connects filmmakers from script to screen, BCFF offers the biggest Film Market in Africa.
- The primary objective of the Festival is to attract audiences from all over Nigeria, from around the world to come to Benin City to watch quality films that emphasize human rights and social issues.
- The secondary objective is to ensure that the international film directors attend the festival and participate in discussions about their work and about the art of filmmaker, and that they are given the opportunity to see what the State has to offer, in the hope that they will return to make films there.
- The third objective is to provide a sustainable long-term tourism event in Edo State.
- The fourth objective is to encourage local people and international visitors who attend the festival to engage in the creative film-making process by participating in seminars, events and workshops running in parallel to the festival screenings.
- The fifth objective is to provide high quality entertainment (music, international cuisine, family events) at an affordable cost